Friday, September 26, 2008

All Choked Up

Lydia was sooooo sweet last night. We were laying in bed cuddling and I was telling her that I have to go to the grocery store to buy Annabelle special milk because of her allergies. I tucked her in and went downstairs. Five minutes later Lydia came downstairs saying she was scared (she is not really scared, it's just a trick she tries to play so she can stay up later). We had just made a rule that if she gets out of bed then we take a nickle away. So I told her to get back in bed and that she was going to be losing a nickle. About 10 minutes later I went upstairs and and went to her bank to get a nickle. She told me she had already put money in my room and she would show me. So we go into our room and there is a bucket with all her change in it. She says to me, "I want to help you buy the special milk for Annabelle, so I gave you my money." I thought I was going to cry. I gave her a big hug, thanked her for being such a good girl, gave her back her money (except 1 nickle) and put her back to bed.

1 comment:

Amber P. said...

That is so sweet. I love how aware young children are of how the world works!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a giveaway on Inspiration for Crafting starting Oct. 1. Please come check it out and leave a comment!