We had so much fun camping this weekend. We drove up to South Fork on Thursday. We found a big campsite (we had friends join us later) and set up camp. After a yummy dinner of soup and hot dogs we went on a canoe trip. The girls and Dan fished, although they didn't catch anything, we still had lots of fun. We saw some little fish in the water and a few big ones jump out of the water. The scenery was beautiful.

I used the dutch oven for the first time. I made cinnamon pull-a-parts, chocolate cake, and sausage. Dan made pancakes on the propane stove and we also had bacon. It was yummy. We also bought a camp ice cream maker. So we had chocolate cake and ice cream for Dan's birthday.

We slept pretty well. I was very cold the first night, so out good friends Tom and Kim brought me some extra blankets for the second night. I slept really well that night.

Of course we had to have s'mores. They were super yummy after we had worked up a huge appetite canoeing.

The girls both had a really good time. Annabelle was a bit hesitant at first, she kept asking to go home. But by Saturday, after I took the tent down she said, "Hey where's my tent? I want my tent!"




Annabelle really loved the canoe. Lydia was a bit more hesitant. When we first got in, she kept saying "Am I going to die?" Silly girl.

We also went tubing. Sadly, there are no pictures after this point as the camera accidently went tubing with us. The tubing was an adventure. The first hour was fun, although there were spots where it got very shallow and we had to either get out in the freezing cold water or else use our toes and fingers to scoot along. Most of my finger nails broke off in the process. When we did get going, would occasionally crash into a rock, back first, causing a bruise, or get poked by branches as we crashed into the banks. After about 3 hours of this, Annabelle and I ran into a log and got pulled under. The current was very strong. I was able to hold Annabelle out of the water, but for a brief second, I was not sure if I would be able to pull myself out. But I realized the water was only waist deep and I was able to stand. It was very scary. At that point, Dan's tube popped and that was the end of our tubing trip.
We had 5 other familes join us for the second evening plus Dan's parents, and two siblings and a niece of on of the familes. Two of the families just joined us for the evening because they are both about 8 months pregnant.
We had a really great time and look forward to camping next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment