They are invading,
Like a crystalline army.
Falling, Falling, Falling.
By the thousands
By the millions.
They take over my land.
MY LAND!
I assess the damage
I clear them away
But still they keep falling.
I try to gain on them
I use 3 different weapons.
I save my steed from them
Under cover, they cannot reach her.
But still they fall.
I take a break
I survey the damage
I will return and fight again.
An hour passes
And then two
I put my armor on.
With re-enforcements
Two and five
Surely I will win
We battle on,
The fight is tough
Two decides it's time to give up
Five and I fight on and on
Til at last she is gone
I fight alone
They are attacking me all over now
My armor feels so useless
In fact I feel it's dragging me down
So I remove it
Back on the field
The enemy surrounds me
It does not hurt
But instead feels like
Small kisses all over
I fight on…
Until …
I cannot go any further
Surrender is my only option,
Until later.
The enemy surrounds me
It does not hurt
But instead feels like
Small kisses all over
I fight on…
Until …
I cannot go any further
Surrender is my only option,
Until later.

2 comments:
I really like your poem. I wish it would snow here like that. I wouldn't mind being 'attacked'. :)
Did you write this? It is way cool!
Post a Comment