First, Annabelle. It has been very hard to get her to bed. She keeps getting up and turning the light on and taking her clothes off. So Dan decided to make a lock for the light switch. When he was half-way through making it, I realized we could just take the light bulbs out. He was insistent on finishing the project anyway. We now have a light switch lock. As for the pj's we cut the feet off her footsie pajamas and put them on backward. So far, that seems to be doing the trick.
Lydia knows how to unlock the light switch and last night she turned the light on. I was not happy when I saw it. She told me that Annabelle's potty watch kept going off and was keeping her awake so she turned the light on to try and find it. After about 20 minutes, I finally found it in Annabelle's shirt in the laundry hamper.
And finally, I made a sleeping beauty cake for our neighbor Hannah's birthday party tomorrow.


5 comments:
When our girls wouldn't sleep we would just simply give them lets of NyQuil... that always seemed to do the trick! lol! j/k! We enjoy the blog. - Michael
That cake is amazing! I still have three kids that don't sleep. We unscrew their lightbulbs, let them get naked (because a couple of them get really hot easily), and lock them in their rooms by turning the door handles around. A couple of bad nights screaming and they realize they have to stay in their room. They have a nightlight and there is no reason for them to be out. It is rough though! I feel for you!
Hey that cake is like the ones Mom used to make! :-)
Amazing cake, Martha!
That is incredible. How you did that with two small children escapes me.
Kristen read some book on getting children to bed and until Mica turned three it all worked like a charm. Now they experience normal life!!
Post a Comment