Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting Ready for Halloween

Lydia helped me make decorations for the yard yesterday.
Baby Pumpkin
Butterfly and Caterpillar
The caterpillar is made of a pumpkin and leftover green tomatoes from our garden
Spider

Yes, I know spiders have 8 legs, but I only had 6 cucumbers from the garden that would work


Lydia with her giant pumpkin
A local grocery store handed out coupons for free pumpkins and this is the one she picked out


Annabelle loved her first pumpkin carving experience

Daddy with his prize pumpkin


Annabelle got a little mixed up and kept stuffing the goop and seeds back in


Lydia's pumpkin had a lot of goop in it

We had a "contest" on who carved the best pumpkin, the winners (Lydia and Annabelle) won cans of silly string. I think that was the highlight of the evening.









4 comments:

Deidre said...

Hey! I found you on here, too! Your girls are so grown up!

Deidre said...

by the way, we're at springvillepilchers.blogspot.com

Lorelei said...

Love the decorations, Martha! Especially the butterfly, caterpillar and spider...what a creative way to use your green pumpkins and veggies! Also the thought of Annabelle putting the guts back in the pumpkin made me laugh out loud!

Kitty, Nathanael's Mom said...

Hi gang! I need to borrow some of your energy Martha!!! (a bit of your creativity would help too!!)

Nice job on decorating, costumes, dog parties, beautiful girls, happy husband...good job!

I miss you guys! Kitty B. in Vermont