Friday, December 12, 2008

Sweet Lydia

I realize that I do not usually describe Lydia as "sweet," but this morning she was nothing but. I came out of the shower to find that the laundry basket had been emptied. My first reaction was frustration, but upon closer inspection, I realized the laundry had been sorted into darks and whites. Lydia came bounding in the room and informed me that she had put the lights in the washer, but did not know how to start it. What a thoughtful girl I have.

In case you are worried that Lydia may have lost her spunk, you need not worry. About 5 minutes later, she asked me if she could get paid for sorting the laundry. I told her yes. Then she asked me to help her get dressed (this is a constant battle with us, I think she should do it by herself and she thinks I should help her). I told her no, to which she whined, "but I helped you with the laundry, you should help me." So I told her I would, but she would have to pay me. She got dressed by herself this morning.

4 comments:

Eva Challen said...

Oh, I feel for you! I have one just like that! I love your response to her about paying you to help - I might have to try that one!

CommonMama said...

HAHAHAHAHA that was perfect!!

Deidre said...

What a witty mom you are! Happy Birthday!!

Lorelei said...

I laughed out loud at that! Thanks!!!